The Steps and Services you can expect
On our phone call, we will:
- Listen to what you like and don’t like about your current home; your goals, needs, and desires.
- Discuss how our process helps to make your project a simple and enjoyable experience.
- Discuss your desired budget and investment comfort zone.
- If you’re not sure what you’re desired budget should be, visit our cost pages for a rough estimate of what typical remodels in our area. FOR MORE INFORMATION SEE: Kitchen Remodel Costs, Bathroom Remodel Costs, Basement Finishes Costs
- Review and discuss the next steps in our process
- Request pictures, rough drawings or dimensions of the areas emailed to us to assist in giving budget ranges for the project.
Once the Professional Services Agreement (if applicable) has been implemented, our next steps will include:
- Complete a field sketch and gather more detailed measurements, take photographs, schedule visits with trades, if needed.
- Review floor plans and designs created, or received from an architect, make any changes and revisions.
- Schedule a time to meet and review plans, if needed.
- A list will be prepared for you of items to be selected
- You visit our trusted suppliers and pick the material you like.
- We can introduce you to a trusted interior design partner, if you need help coordinating your selections.
Once your shopping is completed, we will:
- Review final specifications, materials selected, pricing and preliminary schedule.
- Review final floor plans and any other necessary views.
Before we start actual construction, we will:
- Apply for all necessary permits.
- Order all necessary materials.
- Coordinate delivery of material and start production schedule.
- Introduce you to your lead carpenter.
- Ask a series of questions regarding general ‘housekeeping’ issues to ensure safety and security.
- Answer any questions you may have before we begin.
During construction, we will:
- Schedule regular (weekly) meetings with you to keep you informed.
- Update you on work that is being performed.
- Update you on any changes to the schedule.
- Meet with you to address any concerns and questions that may arise during construction.
- Update you on any changes that may require cost increases or credits due to changes in scope of work.
After construction work is complete:
- Our Lifetime Warranty Promise starts – At your Post Project Meeting, we will present you with our Warranty Promise. If there is a problem with our workmanship – whether it is 5 months or 5 years after the job is completed – we will be there to take care of it, for as long as you own your home.
- We will walk you through the operation of your new fixtures and appliances.